Thank you everyone who entered the Afro Muffin Tshirt Giveaway. You all gave me wonderful flavour ideas and I wish I had a tshirt for each one of you, but the lucky winner is:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers: 17
And #17 is Lisa! Congratulations girl! Email me your address and the tshirt will be on its way to New Jersey soon!
The main ideas for flavours for the ultimate Afro Muffin were chocolate, coffee, ginger, peanuts and rice, so I decided to combine all this flavours and came up with this goofy looking, but delicious muffin shaped treat!
It's a Double chocolate rice crispy treat filled with a coffee brownie, topped with ginger ganache and a peanut moustache (just like the tshirt had). Is that Afro enough for you?
- Cocoa brownies + 1 tbsp expresso powder
- Cocoa rice crispy treats + 100 gr (3.5 oz) semi-sweet chocolate
- Chocolate ganache (for fillings) + 1 tsp ginger powder
- Make the brownies adding the expresso powder with the flour. Bake on mini muffin tins if you have them or cut round shapes from a tray, smaller than a muffin tin (like in the picture above).
- Make the rice crispy treats (I made mine on the microwave), but add the chocolate (chips or a bar chopped) to the butter and marshmallows, until all melted and before adding the cereal.
- Make the ganache adding the ginger powder (or grated fresh ginger if you prefer) to the cream.
- To assemble: Lightly butter or spray with oil regular size muffin tins and your hands. Working fast, so the rice crispy treat don't get hard, shape about 2 tbsp of it in the muffin tins, covering the bottom and sides, as if it was a tart crust, leaving space for the little brownie cup. Place brownie and press to glue. Get more about 2 tbsp rice crispy treats and place on top of the brownie, covering the all surface and giving the typical rounded muffin top. Leave it to dry. Remove from the muffin tin, top with a dollop of ginger ganache. I've used half of a peanut for the moustache and an orange smartie cut in half for the eyes.
Got it? I felt bad cutting the little fellow in half, but I had to show you the inside. They were really good! But really, can you go wrong with brownies, rice crispy treats and more chocolate? I don't think so...
Even if you didn't win the Muffin tshirt, you can allways eat a lot of these to get your own Muffin top!