Thank you everybody who stopped by during the last days! You really made my week a fun figtastic one! I just love the word figtastic!
Let's recapitulate: We started the week with some really nice Spiced cookie wrapped figs, on Tuesday we indulged in a Fresh fig chocolate candy bar*, to lighten things up we then had a Fig & cream cheese tartelette, Thursday brought us a Fig & anise jam and finally yesterday we closed it with the most amazing Fig, white chocolate and peanut butter iced mousse!
* As so many of you asked about my chocolate candy bar mould, here's the link from where I got it.
But I wasn't the only one going fig crazy here! During this last week I saw fig recipes popping arround everywhere. Here are my fig-findings and others that some of you were kind enough to send my way! Hope you find this helpful when you find yourself with a bag full of figs and don't know what to do with them. I'm sure that a bag won't be enough for all these delicious creations!
Although I've only provided you with sweets, figs are very popular to use in SALADS or in STARTERS. Just look at this:
- Jenn is not only the Leftover Queen, she's also the Fig Princess apparently. She has in her site an Ode to the Fig with Parmesan stuffed figs with balsamic reduction and Fresh fig rocket salad!
- The Recipe Girl Lori discovered she liked figs after all after making a colorful fresh figs salad with blue cheese!
- What about my Home Gourmet friend Suzana that made this beautiful Fig and rocket salad?! Not to talk about her HHDD winning recipe for Figs and Bacon Clafoutis she made a while ago.
Are you still hungry? Ok, let's move on to the MAIN DISHES, shall we?
- Jenn, not happy with 2 fig starters also has in her site a Fresh fig & sage grilled pizza that left me salivating!
- Another great Pizza made with prosciutto, figs and gorgonzola, was done recently by my friend Jenny for her Picky Palate family!
- I adore salmon, so I m sure I would love this Roasted salmon with caramelized onions and figs that Judy made in her Kitchen!
I know you saved room for DESSERT! But a room won't be enough, you should have saved a whole house!
- Let's start with my virtual PT Adam that joined me in the fig fun by making this Fig thumbprint sugar cookies. Thumbs up Adam! You gotta like a guy that bakes, even if he uses Dynamite!
- Gloria from Canela Kitchen has such an interesting dessert in her site! I would love to try the Poppy seeds mousse with fig jam!
- And Judy, besides her salmon, also has a great dessert for us: Oven roasted figs with raspberries! Yummy!
- You prefer to have cake for dessert? Zoe baked a great Fig, champagne grapes and raspnerry cake, this week.
- At a Yankee in a Southern Kitchen I found some delicious looking Honey figs with goat cheese and pecans!
- Another fig and cheese combo made an apearence at Dishing up Delights with Figs with ricotta and pistachios that Esi made!
- I loved seeing Jude's Pan de higo (Spanish fig cake), it's not your tipical cake but it's very popular in Spain and Portugal, specially around Christmas. Hers, found at Apple Pie, Patis & Patê, look really great!
- Yesterday, another one bite the dust, it was Pastry Girl from Dessert First that made Vanilla bean fig cupcakes with orange blossom honey frosting. Great flavours!
- And last, coincidentally, the Spicy Mama that runs A Beautiful Moisaic just started a Fig Week herself! Her first creation was an amazing Fig galette!
Have you seen the great recipes all this people made?! Maybe I'll do this kind of thing every season with a different fruit, what do you think?
But now, I'm so done with figs! Enough with them for a long time! From tomorrow I'll have Fig-free normal posts!
I'm pretty sure you won't see a fig here any time soon!
Sorry about that...