Because I wanted them puffy I used this recipe as a base, since I liked it so much.
- CEREAL BAR COOKIES
- 220 gr (8 oz) butter room temperature but not very soft
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 360 gr (13 oz) stong/bread flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 cereal bars cut into chunks
Beat butter and both sugars just until they come together. Don’t over-beat. Add the eggs and beat just until incorporated. Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder . When thoroughly mixed, add to batter and stir just until blended. Stir in the cereal bar chunks and any other flavouring you fancy*. Scoop into a cookie sheet or drop by rounded tablespoons. The dough should be neither sticky nor dry. Bake on pre-heated oven at 180ºC (350ºF) for about 12 minutes or until done. Cool on sheet for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
* As I like variety I divided the dough into 4 and added a little different touch to each one:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grounded cardamom
- 1 orange (rind) + 3 tbs raisins
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder + 2 tbs dark chocolate chunks
And here's a tip: whenever you're baking chocolate cookies and have similar non chocolate cookies to bake as well, on the sheet you have the chocolate ones, place a "white" one so you can check on doneness by its color.