Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mom's fiber cookies

I invented this yesterday for my mom. She just loves this kind of "healthier stuff", I think she feels less guilty eating this things made with brown sugar and whole wheat flour. I actually also liked this ones, they're quite addictiv, very tasty and with different textures.I'm guessing they have a similar amount of calouries than "not so healthy" cookies, but this ones are probably much better because they're real high in fiber.This is just a twist on a normal sugar cookie but made with whole wheat flour, brown sugar and some bites and bytes I had arround.
Usually low fat or low sugar pastry items are not very exiting, that's why I like to play with these ingredients and transform them in something really nice even I (Miss sweet-tooth) like
They are also really nice with jam, (just ask my mom!)... She actually called me today to forbid me of making more of these, because she ate almost all of them allready!
  • MOM´S FIBER COOKIES

  • 250 gr (9 oz) whole wheat flour
  • 100 gr (3.5 oz)low fat soft butter
  • 80 gr (2.9 oz) dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
  • 1/2 cup sultanas
  • 1/2 cup chopped dried plums
  • 1/4 cup flax seeds

Mix everything together (no worries) by hand or with a mixer (paddle attachement). Put in the fridge for a couple of hours and roll out. It's easier to do in between 2 sheets of baking paper, then precut the dough or cut into shapes. Arrange in a cookie tray and bake for about 15m at 175ºC (350ºF).

No comments: